I am receiving one of the following error messages when I try to open my eBook:
These error messages indicate that your eBook client is unable to properly communicate with the Adobe servers. The most likely cause for this is a computer time zone discrepancy.
Follow these steps to verify the integrity of your connection to the Adobe servers:
- Make sure your computer’s date, time, and time zone settings are absolutely correct. Any discrepancies could cause problems
Setting the date and time in Windows:
- Click on the Date and Time in the notification area. This is commonly the bottom right-hand corner of the screen (as shown below).
- In the Window that appears, click Change date and time settings
Setting the date and time on Mac OS X:
- Open the Apple Menu (click on the Apple logo on the top left)
- Open the Control Panels
- Open Date & Time
- Within the Date & Time window, you can set the date, time, time zone, and change the network time server.
- Check your Internet connection. If it is unreliable or slow, you may be downloading corrupt eBook files.